Improperly vented clothes dryer cause of deadly East Gwillimbury fire

Dad had an interview with Global today on dryer vent safety. Second video down. ūüôā

Global News

TORONTO ‚Äď ¬†An improperly vented clothes dryer and the lack of a smoke detector¬†on the main floor of a home were the factors that led to¬†a¬†fatal fire that killed a family of four¬†in a¬†small Ontario town north of Toronto¬†last March.

‚ÄúWe were able to identify that the spread, fire, and smoke was sufficiently quick enough that by the time the second floor smoke alarm activated, the occupants were trapped,‚ÄĚ said Ontario¬†Fire Marshal¬†Ted Wieclawek during a press conference Wednesday morning.

A final report from the Office of the Fire Marshal revealed that the lack of an alarm on the main floor caused the delay in the fire department response time in the early morning hours of March 29, 2013.

A timeline from the report showed the East Gwillimbury volunteer fire service took 12 minutes  to arrive on scene after the initial 9-1-1 call.

‚ÄúDue to delay in detection ‚ÄĒ the fire notification, the response time was not an‚Ķ

View original post 314 more words

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s